Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Trunk


I've been waiting for Mother Nature to give us a break from all of this cold weather so I could get started on my Spring Trunk.  Something about rain and 40 degrees does not inspire me to get crafty! Instead, I end up in the kitchen cooking, but that's a different post!

The redbuds are budding, tulips are blooming and the grass is greening!  That was all I needed to get sewing.  For this trunk, I used Suzani in Candy Pink for the lid and Lulu Stripe in Chartreuse and Candy Pink for the bottom.  I lined the rims with a white ruffly rosette trim from Hobby Lobby.

I also made a wristlet with the same fabric to coordinate.  It turned out exactly how I wanted!  Sorry, Mother Nature, Spring is here!  Yippee!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS